Sunday, March 6, 2011

2011 Reading Challenge

I have joined the 2011 Reading Challenge hosted by Goodreads.com. Goodreads is an excellent website devoted to readers. You can sign up and create your own booklist of books you have read, books you are currently reading and books you plan to read. You can also invite and follow your friends and find out new book suggestions.

As part of the Reading Challenge, I have pledged to read 25 books this year. So far, I have only read 3 books. Since this is March, I am averaging one book a month. Thus, I need to step it up and start reading more!

Here are 10 of my proposed books to read this year (not arranged in order to be read):

1. Til you hear from me - Pearl Cleage (currently reading. will post review when completed)
2. The girl who fell from the sky - Heidi Durrow
3. The immortal life of Henrietta Lacks - Rebecca Skloot
4. The wake of the wind - J. California Cooper
5. River cross my heart - Breena Clarke
6. Stand the storm - Breena Clarke
7. Tumbling - Diane Mckinney-Whetstone
8. Holy Rollers - Reshonda Tate Billingsley
9. Family - J. California Cooper
10. Singing in the comeback choir - Bebe Moore Campbel

Log onto http://www.goodreads.com/ to see the complete list and join the challenge.

Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment